There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Kenning wants your page poems & your spoken word poems. We want poetry videos. We want you to surprise us. We want poems that are funny, ferocious, beautiful, passionate, idiosyncratic. We want all forms, styles, and subjects as long as they make for good poems. We don’t want your sentimental goop, your hate speech, your porn. We want you to move us
We are open for submissions from May-August and from December-February. We hope to publish two times a year: once in October and once in March. Please email email@example.com with questions.
- Submissions should be 3-5 poems at a time.
- Send us one previously unpublished poetry video under 5 minutes.
- Send us a bio along with your submission.
- We do not accept previously published work (either in print or online).
- We want audio recordings of your poems. We want poems that can be read aloud in 5 minutes or less.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if your piece has been taken elsewhere.
- We accept submissions year round. We try to respond within 3 months, but our staff is small, so please feel free to get back to us if we haven’t responded within 3 months.
- If your piece has been accepted, we ask that you send us a sound file within 2 weeks, or the acceptance will be revoked. The sound file must be under 2MB. Please do not send audio files unless we’ve notified you of an acceptance.
- Unfortunately, we cannot pay authors at this time.